Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My First Enid!

Well I have finally made my first item from an Enid book...only took me about 12 months! I just love Enid's work and after seeing Tracy and some other clever mamas making theirs I thought I needed to jump on in.

Book : Undies, Beach and Sleepwear
Garment: Nightgown for Tiny Tots
Size : 1-2 years
Fabric: Flannelet cot sheet from Op Shop 50c.

I chose this as my first attempt because the pattern is all one piece. It was easy enough to draft although I had some issue with the neck. But after fiddling with it it came right. I had to take quite a bit in on the sides and shorten the sleeves. Lainey is 20 months and I think a little on the shorter side of average so some patterns do need adjusting. The garment still sits a little big on her but I could not take any more off as it would distort the final garment. But it is a comfortable fit and to me, that's what you need at bed time.

The pattern calls for lace around the neck and sleeve ends but I omitted that because I think that would irritate me so I left it off for Lainey too.

The final product looks great on her and I made sure it was full length to keep her legs warm. I think its so girly and its so nice to see my daughter in something so feminine.


No comments:

Post a Comment