Sunday, March 13, 2011

Enid inspired underwear

Yep I did it alright, made my first bra and the best part is, it fits! Not the best fit but certainly comfortable and wearable.

Bra for young ladies from Ten to Teens and Casual Clothes



The bra is made from cotton and lined with a poly/cotton blend, all remnants. I also added strap adjusters and a bra fastner. Very 50's in style, shame I don't have the bust to give it the sweater girl look!

Whilst it was a challenge to make, it wasn't that difficult, you just need to pin and baste everything. I'm tempted to try another one in a cotton knit to see if it has a better fit. Actually I'm really surprised how well it came together, good one Enid!

Hope you have a great day

Cheers Lisa

7 comments:

  1. That is so cute! It is worth having another go to see if you can alter the sizing a bit. Lisa. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous. I'll have to try making one for my teen daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice work. Underwear is something I haven't dared tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it a go girls, if you can manage a sun bonnet you can sew a bra and knickers :) Finding the right size pattern, now that could be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shape Tracy. You are fearless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. This is so cute in style and the print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article helped me understand backlinking. Thanks for the tips! I hope to read more informative blog posts from you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete